The first class is all about how animals grow from baby to adult. The second class is all about Florida animals and the third class is about being a zoo keeper. The first class starts this week and the last class ends in August.
To prepare for talking about animals I pulled together a few things to get started:
- Animal pictures: I printed LOTS and LOTS of animal pictures. The pictures all go along with one or all of the class themes.
- Small animal figures: we can use these in many different ways.
- Animal Books: it is amazing how many animals books we had around the house.
- More will be added to this list as the summer goes on.
- Sorting picture by air, land and water animals
- Match picture of mom and baby animals
- Math animal figures to animal picture
- Animal shape cookies to decorate
- Foam animals - decorate, play, sort, etc
- Animal print match up
- Patterns with animal figures
- Visit the zoo, petting farm, state park, etc
- Books, books and more books
- Zoo Passport: We Wilsons
- Ice Animals: Sweet Happy Life
- Zoo Hunt: Kids Activities Blog
- Build Your Own Zoo: No Time For Flash Cards
- Noah's Ark Activities
- Pretend Vet Office: Mess For Less
- Play-dough Zoo: Mess For Less
- Pinterest Animal Theme Board - the rest of the animal activities I will be using are on my Pinterest board.
- Edible Zoo: Fantastic Fun & Learning
- Desert Bin: Blog Me Mom
- Farm Bin: The Imagination Tree
- Artic Bin: No Time For Flash Cards